Call for Works
We are currently researching all unique works on paper to be included in the Sam Francis: Online Catalogue Raisonné Project. We are continuing to document and update all Catalogue Raisonné information. We are accepting submissions for unique works on canvas and paper (this will not include prints and other multiples). Each piece must be sent as a separate submission.
We will not issue any documents prior to the publication of the Catalogue Raisonné. However, as an educational service, the Foundation may review and may respond to proposed publications. If you are publishing information regarding any Sam Francis artwork please make us immediately aware and please see the detailed publication procedures below. For all other requests, as we chronologically research artworks, we will contact you for updated information. We thank you for your understanding and kind help in this important historical record.
GENERAL SUBMISSION PROCEDURES:
- A separate artwork registration form must be filled out for each artwork. Please fill in the form and sign all three pages. Be sure to note the indemnity information of page 3. This must be completed by the owner of the artwork or the owners’ authorized agent. Please provide copies of any letters, invoices, and other documents and information pertinent to the work.
- Please send a full photo of the front, the verso (back), and detail images of any markings.
In the following circumstances we will review your data for consistency with information in our files.
- Printed publication (including exhibition, sales or auction catalog)
- Internet publication (website, ebook, or any other public reference)
- Please complete all the above for GENERAL SUBMISSION
- Please make us aware of your publication deadline and all other pertinent information immediately.
For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload the Sam Francis Artwork Registration Form
All materials submitted become property of the Foundation.
The Foundation includes works at its sole discretion. Completion of the Submission Form does not guarantee the work will be included in the catalogue raisonné.
The Sam Francis Foundation is currently seeking information on several artworks. Please view our Whereabouts Unknown page for more information.
Photographs and writings regarding the artist are also requested. Confidentiality and requests for anonymity will be honored. Please send photographic documentation to:
Sam Francis Foundation
1146 N. Central Ave #523
Glendale, CA 91202